May 14, 2014

Unicorn Farts

Yes. A unicorn releasing multicolored farts across the beautiful sky. On nails. Why not?


I felt like painting something colorful and I thought of unicorns. This manicure was based on this image


I used dotting tools for the clouds and the unicorn's eye and a paintbrush for everything else. 11 polishes were used for this manicure! I'll put the list at the end of this post. 

You can probably tell that I had a bit of trouble with the eye. The first time, I made the pupil too small so it looked zombie-ish. I placed white polish over that and made another attempt and that's what you see in the photo above. It makes me think of Stewie Griffin when he got high and tried to trade his shirt for a grilled cheese sandwich.




Here's the list of all the polishes used for this design!

Forever 21 Baby Blue - base color. Two coats.
The Face Shop BK901 - black creme used for outlining
SUR Noblesse - white creme for the unicorn's body and the clouds
Color Combos CBL115 - gray creme for the unicorn's horn
Etude House Red Orange - It's the pink you see in the photos. I decided to go with this one instead of a strong, bright red to make the overall feel a bit more delicate.
OPI He's My Boo - orange creme
Etude House Banana - pastel yellow creme
Revlon Sassy - yellow-green creme
The Face Shop GR506 - sky blue creme
OPI Do You Lilac It? - lilac creme 
The Face Shop YL702 - yellow creme. I mixed this with the pastel yellow creme and the white creme for the unicorn's mane and tail. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...